Who is Nuno?
TL;DR: I like to think of myself as someone who loves using technology to make cool stuff. Some of my journey so far:
- Growing WidgiLabs to become one of the world’s top WordPress Agencies (2022-2023 and beyond)
- Worked on the launch of Seedrs Raise (2021)
- Check this video of us during the Quarantine (be warned – it’s long); Led the WooCommerce dev team for the scale-up Fresh.Land as they entered Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands and Norway; Re-launched their Sweden webshop as well; Revamped Unbabel’s website (2020)
- Started writing my first book; Developed the online store for UNICEF Portugal (2019)
- Attended the “Key Person of Influence” Business Accelerator in London; Developed the website for Agenda Cultural de Lisboa (2018)
- Ran the Berlin Half Marathon; Became a father (2017)
- Led the team that built and launched digital newspaper ECO – Economia Online (2016)
- Led the team that built and launched Forbes Portugal & Forbes Africa Lusófona (2015)
- Integrated the team that built and launched digital newspaper Observador (2014)
- Developed the first working prototype of Uniplaces (2012)
- Having quit working for the European Space Agency and starting WidgiLabs. (2010)
- Winning Sapo Codebits (2009).
- Quit working for YDreams to go and live abroad while working for the European Space Agency in Darmstadt, Germany. (2008)
- Worked for YDreams. (2007)
- Finished my degree and MSc in Computer Science. (2006)
- Started Kung-Fu practice. (2003)
- Attended Hackers at Large Conference in the Netherlands (2001)
- Entered Computer Science degree. (1998)
- Between 1996-1998 started learning about programming and technology in general and enjoying school more
- Between 1990 and 1994 the Internet arrived at my house.
- Joined the scouts (1993).
- My father bought a PC. (1990)
- When I was a kid, I don’t remember exactly what age, I saw a news report about computer hackers
Working on at the moment
I’m the CEO at WidgiLabs, a WordPress digital agency specializing in websites and eCommerce. I love using technology to make cool stuff.