* Seems like a new generation of blog tools is comming to life. [[http://feeds.feedburner.com/Techcrunch?m=898|Techcrunch]] is running a story about [[http://www.sixapart.com|SixApart’s]] new hosted blogging platform called [[http://www.notcomet.com|Comet]]. It will allow WYSIWYG editing, easy uploading of images, audio and video, tags, and so on.. They will start letting users test it on Thursday, June 1.
* [[http://www.shmula.com/|Petter Abilla]], former amazon.com employee, blogs about his [[http://www.shmula.com/?p=31|interview & job offer from google]], which he declined after perceiving there wouldn’t be any google stock units envolved. Interesting read, especially this brain teaser they made him on an interview:
> you are at a party with a friend and 10 people are present including you and the friend. your friend makes you a wager that for every person you find that has the same birthday as you, you get $1; for every person he finds that does not have the same birthday as you, he gets $2. would you accept the wager?
* Tommorow there will be a semminar about academic spin-offs at the University. On another level, of course, will be the [[http://www.uninova.org/es/eventos.asp?id=38|international conference on Academic Spin-Offs]], to be held in Santiago de Compostela next 15th and 16th June, which seems promising although too expensive for me right now. Funny how the dokuwiki plugin replaces T-i-a-g-o with a link to the plugin author :-)
On music listening, I’m trying to hear new stuff.
**Some bands/players I wish to know better**:
* Porcupine Tree (after recommendation from Last.fm)
* Opeth (after recommendation from several people).
**I’ve recently heard**:
* an Woody Allen album but didn’t appreciate much.
* Jim Matheos album “First Impressions” – very nice, just instrumental but calm and relaxing.
* Joe Satriani album “Super Colossal” – extremely nice.
* Jesse Cook album “Free Fall and Nomad” – extremely nice.
**Note to self**: Listen even to more new stuff.